48-Volt Lithium-Ion Scooter/e-Bike Battery with Case, Used
- Low stock - 2 items left
- Inventory on the way
These battery assemblies are perfect for scooters or e-bikes. They feature high-capacity, high-drain cells that we've tested at up to 1C discharge. These have tested at near their rated capacity and internal resistance.
Every day we receive battery assemblies from various applications. We test, refurbish and rebuild where necessary to keep them out of the landfill. These batteries have been fully charged and analyzed. We keep original specs on the case where possible to give you a performance baseline. These packs come fully assembled and include a BMS, connector and often a fuse. Unless otherwise stated these DO NOT have an on-board charger.
Our Test Procedure
- Each cell independently charged to ~4.2 volts at no more than 0.5C.
- Rest, voltage and IR (AC 1kHz) check
- Discharge to 3.0 volts/cell at 1C continuous.*
- Rest, recharge to ~3.6 volts/cell
*Our analyzers are limited to 20 amps so any packs rated >20Ah are tested at the max discharge.
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
- Voltage: 48v nominal
- Voltage range: 39 - 54.6 volts
- Series Configuration: 13S
- Original application: Mobility (e-bike, scooter, etc.)
Lithium Battery Safety
- Misusing or mishandling a lithium-ion battery may cause fire or explosion, which can result in personal INJURY or DEATH and property damage. You MUST read the safety warnings and resources before purchasing, using, and/or handling batteries. Even if properly handled, lithium-ion batteries may still catch fire or explode. The buyer acknowledges these risks and absolves Higher Wire Inc. of any responsibility for any damage these cells may cause.
- Unless otherwise stated, batteries sold by Higherwire are unprotected and not recommended by us or their original manufacturers for use unless equipped with a protection circuit board (PCB), battery management system (BMS), and/or similar device.
- Lithium batteries must be properly disposed of – NOT in a fire or in the trash. Laws vary at the city, state and national level, and it is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure they are recycling lithium batteries properly. Many local governments and retail stores offer free recycling, and you should review our How to Recycle Lithium Batteries page.
- Unless otherwise stated, batteries sold by Higherwire are used and have no warranty, either from Higherwire or the original manufacturer. Although we visually inspect and analyze/grade all batteries prior to sale, it is the buyer’s responsibility to inspect all batteries for physical damage, corrosion, and voltage upon receipt. Contact email@example.com immediately if there are any issues with an order, and do not use any battery that is damaged or below 3.0 volts upon receipt.
- Unless otherwise stated, batteries sold by Higherwire are charged to 40% SOC (~3.4-3.6v/cell) per IATA and DOT regulations. Charge battery fully before first use.
- Never attempt to mix and match brands, including models as well as old and new, used, and unused lithium-ion batteries. It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure a battery is compatible with the intended application. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, including technical.
- Unless otherwise stated, batteries sold by Higherwire are shipped as UN3480 per DOT and IATA regulations. We ship using ground shipping to minimize risk of damage to persons or property.
- Go to our Lithium Battery Safety page for full lithium battery safety precautions.
Higher Wire Inc. gives new life to old lithium batteries and is revolutionizing the way the world views sustainable energy. We're solving environmental and supply-chain concerns by creating innovative technologies that make energy storage and generation more efficient and accessible, such as our patent-pending process to reintegrate batteries into Second Life applications. We safely disassemble used lithium battery packs and evaluate the individual cells within. Those which meet our strict grading criteria are repurposed into other forms of energy storage, which requires less energy and generates no chemical waste as compared to end-of-life recycling. We provide comprehensive solutions for municipalities, e-waste processing centers and battery end users to minimize their burden for processing, as well as design, engineering, installation and maintenance when deploying our Second Life systems.
We ship the majority of our orders by the next business day. Lithium batteries may take up to two business days to process to accommodate inspection and logging into our system.
Our shipping rates are based on the weight of all ordered products plus estimated weight of packaging. We make every effort to forecast an accurate shipping cost, but cannot be 100% certain in all cases. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions prior to purchase.
We pack and label all lithium battery shipments in accordance with Federal Regulation 49CFR173.185, as well as USPS Publication 52 Hazard Class 9 or UPS/Fedex guidelines. Unless otherwise stated, lithium batteries are not eligible for free shipping.
We try to pack all items in an order in a single box, however we may on occasion need to ship items separately. Special shipping does not apply to lithium ion batteries, and orders that include batteries may not qualify for free or expedited shipping.